Green Family

Sunday, December 03, 2006

D-Day

Well for all of you that may be checking the blog and wondering about the whereabouts of number 2. There is nothing to report regarding their arrival. Our appointment last Tuesday confirmed that the baby was "locked and loaded," that is the head is engaged. I've had no action worth typing about! Today is officially the due date, but we all know how trustworthy those dates are. So we wait.

I confess I'm ready to lose the belly now, but then I'm enjoying the peace and quiet that is right now, well as much as it can be with a 2 year old in the house. Timothy senses that things are going to happen and I find him quite clingy right now. We're trying hard to make him aware that a new baby will be arriving soon, but the concept is still too abstract - and really it is for us too... I feel for the poor little guy, what IS he going to make of his new brother or sister?

It's pretty wintery here in Ottawa these days, we had a bout of freezing rain on Friday, followed by snow yesterday and today. So the baby will be coming home in a snowsuit, too bad for the him/her that we're not on the other side of the equator. Christmas shopping fever is in full swing in the capital city, we foolishly ventured out to the mall yesterday morning. Nothing could be more irritating for a pregnant lady at term then that.... my own fault since I suggested it. Although Aunty Emily benefitted by being visited by Timothy and receiving 2 kisses.

We'll try to keep you all posted on the events as the unfold....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home